Date Added: 7 September 2023
: 20 September 2023
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Lilian Greenwood MP (Nottingham South)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Lilian Greenwood, Member of Parliament for Nottingham South, is looking for an experienced, organised and highly motivated individual to join her busy Westminster office as a Parliamentary Assistant.
Main responsibilities include:
- To draft correspondence, speeches, briefings, and parliamentary questions
- To manage a busy Westminster diary
- To update Lilian’s website and Facebook page on a regular basis
- To respond effectively and courteously to all contacts from constituents, media, MPs, campaigning organisations etc on a wide range of topics
- To undertake research on a wide range of issues
- To liaise with the constituency office on casework and policy issues
- To assist Lilian in her duties as Shadow Minister for Arts, Heritage and Civil Society.
- Will have strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Will have excellent research and writing skills reflecting attention to detail
- Will be confident in interacting with people at all levels
- Will be a team player but able to lead on some tasks and undertake independent work
- Will have excellent IT skills and adhere to the principles of GDPR
- Will have a working knowledge of Parliament
- Will be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party
- Experience or an interest in arts, heritage and civil society, would be beneficial.
My staff are paid and employed in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 September 2023
Start date: As soon as possible following interview.
Interviews will take place in Westminster on Tuesday 3rd October.
Application closing time is 5pm.
Please send a CV and covering letter addressed to Lilian to Laura Williamson at email@example.com or write to Lilian Greenwood MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.