Date Added: 7 September 2023
: 10 October 2023
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon David Davis MP (Haltemprice and Howden)
Salary: Pay scale in line with IPSA
Length of Contract: Permanent
The position will involve parliamentary research and some constituency casework. The position would suit a hardworking and enthusiastic graduate with office experience and an interest in politics.
The role will consist of:
- Completing research projects on a wide variety of topics.
- Assisting with the drafting of speeches, articles and parliamentary contributions.
- Some constituency casework.
- Monitoring media, press and the progress of legislation.
- Social media management.
- Researching across a range of local and national political issues to produce comprehensive briefings to tight deadlines.
- Conducting and maintaining general correspondence and general office administration.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Experience of working with, analysing and presenting data.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience in managing and developing social media accounts.
- Researching, both online and using libraries.
- Previous experience of working in an office environment is essential.
We are looking for a confident individual who will be proficient at working to tight deadlines and managing their time efficiently. An awareness and interest in the political interests of Mr Davis would be beneficial. Previous experience of working in Parliament would be useful, but by no means necessary.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 10 October 2023
Interviews will be conducted in Westminster in the weeks following 16 October.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com, with the subject line “David Davis Parliamentary Assistant Job Application”