Date Added: 8 September 2023
: 29 September 2023
Job Title: Programme Manager - Defence
Working For: techUK
Salary: £32,000-£44,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
This challenging and wide-ranging position provides an opportunity to work with senior level representatives from industry and Government to support the development and implementation of a challenging agenda. The role will encompass the support and development of policy and market engagement activities related to the UK Defence technology sector. This role would suit an articulate and enthusiastic learner, with the ability to support the development of new policy and the delivery of projects and events.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work within a busy and varied programme, engaging with a variety of industry, military and government stakeholders and will develop a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the use of technology for Defence and National Security purposes.
This role requires someone who has the communication skills, confidence and drive to grow their own profile and that of techUK.
- Present techUK as the voice of the technology industry to government departments and key stakeholders, whilst building new relationships and furthering programme priorities. Support the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s Defence activities in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential new members;
- Lead the development, implementation and management of projects, white papers, workshops, and events that aim to resolve shared challenges between the technology industry and the wider economy;
- Lead the set-up and execution of programme events, briefings, and meetings, and manage the activities of the Defence Programme’s Groups and Forums;
- Promote both the Defence programme through insights, opinions, social media activities and PR activities;
- Liaise with other techUK teams to identify and exploit cross-fertilisation opportunities with other programmes across techUK, in particular the National Security Programme
- Support the work of various relevant member boards and committees, maintaining liaison with participating members;
- Deputise for the Associate Director in their absence
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Strong interest in UK Defence operations and policy;
- Strong interest in Cyber Security, innovation, and the UK tech industry
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
To apply for this role, please send an application together with your salary expectations to email@example.com
A full version of the job description can be found on our website.
This is a full time role based out of techUK’s London offices, however techUK operates a flexible working policy.