Date Added: 8 September 2023
: 4 October 2023
Job Title: Public Policy Lead
Working For: Shout Out UK
Length of Contract: permanent
About Shout Out UK:
We provide impartial Political and Media Literacy training and campaigns focused on democratic
engagement and combatting disinformation online, tailored to local circumstances and culture.
You will be joining our small, passionate team to help us expand our stakeholder development efforts. You will be running the APPG on Political Literacy: researching potential new members and relevant stakeholders, identifying suitable opportunities to advance our policy goals, and building and maintaining relationships with current and potential government stakeholders. We are looking for someone with a passion for political literacy, who wants to support the growth of our organisation.
- Manage the APPG and its various stakeholders.
- Grow the organisation’s government stakeholders, researching and engaging as required.
- Lead on the development of a strategy to secure the APPG’s policy objective.
- Build relationships with current and potential supporters of the mission.
- Coordinate with the input team on developing strategies to engage with government stakeholders.
- Support the development of funding proposals as part of the Input team.
- Occasionally travel nationally and/or internationally, if required.
- Attend networking events on a regular basis, outside of regular working hours.
- Fulfil other duties as reasonably requested.
- Excellent writing and communication abilities for relevant target audiences.
- Confidence to build and maintain relationships.
- A natural networker.
- An understanding of and interest in media & political literacy and counter-extremism (PCVE / REMVE).
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage a diverse workload.
- Dedication to and passion for political literacy, democratic participation and engagement of young people.
- Unlimited holidays (we have no cap on paid leave).
- Being part of an innovative, forward-thinking and engaged workforce.
- Small team, meaning you will be able to get involved in a number of different aspects of work.
- An important, varied, decision-making role in which you have the power to make positive change.
Closing Date: 4 October 2023
Interviews will occur during early October 2023
To apply for the job, please click on APPLY on the job description via the link below: