Date Added: 8 September 2023
: 25 September 2023
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary researcher / Parliamentary researcher
Working For: Rushanara Ali MP (Bethnal Green and Bow)
Salary: In line with IPSA scales (dependent on experience)
Length of Contract: Permanent
• Support Rushanara in her role as shadow minister for investment and small business.
• To produce and present high quality written reports, briefing notes, and professional advice.
• Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues.
• Horizon-scanning, anticipate what advice or action may be required; proactively identify problems and resolve them.
• Prepare and present results policy papers and briefing notes for parliamentary debates and questions, articles and news releases.
• Research and monitor local, regional and national media coverage online and through social media and brief the MP on relevant issues.
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours, including assisting and attending events with the MP as requested.
• To advise and ensure the MP is fully briefed on potential questions, motions and legislation to be put to the House.
• Previous Parliamentary experience and knowledge of Parliamentary procedure (desirable)
• Experience of working on business and/or economic affairs policy (desirable)
• Excellent research skills (required)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (required)
• Attention to detail (required)
• The ability to work often under pressure and to tight deadlines (required)
• Excellent time-management and teamworking skills (required)
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 September 2023
Interviews will be held on 4th October.
Start date ASAP.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a CV (max two pages), and cover letter (max one page) to email@example.com by 9am on the closing date.