Date Added: 8 September 2023
: 21 September 2023
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Tony Lloyd MP (Rochdale)
Salary: £23,303 p/a (London Living Wage)
Length of Contract: 6 months
Tony Lloyd MP is looking for an enthusiastic, organised and hard-working person to join his office for a 6-month Parliamentary internship (Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week).
This role will be primarily based in Tony’s Parliamentary office, occasionally working in Rochdale.
- Learning/assisting in drafting responses to constituents
- Learning/assisting how to manage Casework
- Assisting with projects
- Learning/assisting in appropriate research/data analysis
- Administrative support
- Ensuring professional records are kept adhering to GDPR requirements and respecting confidentiality at all times
- A good knowledge of current affairs and policy issues
- Motivated, willing to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to engage with a broad range of people at all levels of seniority
- An ability to engage with the public in an understanding and compassionate manner
- An ability to work swiftly and independently, with a keen eye for detail
- A commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- A knowledge of the Rochdale constituency is desirable
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 September 2023
Interviews are to be held in Parliament on 28th and 29th September 2023
Please send your CV (no more than 2 sides) including the contact details of two referees alongside a one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the personal specifications & your suitability for the role to Tony.Lloyd.MP@Parliament.uk with the subject line: "Intern Application".