Date Added: 8 September 2023
: 29 September 2023
Job Title: Campaign Manager
Working For: Reigate & Banstead Conservative Association
Location: Constituency & Home Based
Salary: £30,000 (pro-rata for two days per week)
Length of Contract: Expires one month after the General Election
Reigate & Banstead Conservative Association are seeking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic Campaign Manager to run the General Election campaign in the constituency in addition to the Borough Council elections in May.
The Association has recently selected Rebecca Paul as its Parliamentary Candidate to contest the next General Election. The successful applicant will be working closely with Association Officers, Rebecca, local Councillors and activists throughout the campaign.
This is a role which requires a committed and enthusiastic individual willing to go the extra mile. It is essential that the successful applicant can write and produce engaging campaign literature with a high standard of written English. Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to mobilise large groups of activists and experience of using the Party’s database, Votesource, are also required.
This is a part time position on a fixed term contract which will expire one month after the General Election. Employment will be for two days per week (15 hours). The Campaign Manager will serve as the Election Agent for the Borough and General Election campaigns and will be responsible for submitting the election expense returns. It is an expectation that the successful applicant spends at least one of the two contracted days within the constituency.
- Undertaking the responsibilities of Election Agent for the 2024 Borough Council elections and the General Election
- Implementing an effective and robust Campaign Plan while developing key messaging alongside the Parliamentary Candidate, Borough Councillors and Association Officers
- Overall responsibility for data mining and analysis, including use of Votesource
- Managing the design and production of all campaign literature
- Managing and regularly updating Rebecca’s website
- Adhering to election law and managing the campaign budgets in association with the Chairman and Treasurer
- Organising regular campaign sessions with our committed team of activists
- Managing the Polling Day GOTV operation and ensuring sufficient resource is available
- Building strong relationships with the Parliamentary Candidate, Association Officers, councillors, key activists and the Association’s Administrator
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
Interviews to take place in early October with the Association Officers and Rebecca. The start date will commence as soon as possible following the interview process. Please note, we may appoint before the closing date for an exceptional candidate.
Please submit a CV with a one page covering letter to the Association Chairman, Dr Ben Mearns, by emailing email@example.com