Date Added: 8 September 2023
: 25 September 2023
Job Title: Senior Communications Advisor
Working For: Dawn Butler MP (Brent Central)
Salary: £28,000 4 days a week
Length of Contract: Permanent
Dawn Butler is looking for an experienced Senior Communications Advisor to join her busy office in Westminster. This is an exciting new role in our longstanding team, with a variety of responsibilities and a versatile working environment.
The successful candidate will assist Dawn and the team on her parliamentary work and campaigns.
The role will be hybrid, working from home and also based in the parliamentary office. The candidate should be experienced, confident and able to use their initiative.
They must also be proactive, organised, reliable, and have sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Design and develop engaging, targeted content and messages across a range of channels
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Ensure online presence is meeting the demands of the constituents, the locality and the MP
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
- Establish and develop appropriate strategies around social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts
- Evaluate the impact of external communications activity
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Liaise and engage with external providers and suppliers as and when required
- Manage projects
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency,
- non-party political matters)
- Prepare media briefings
- Proactive and re-active communications with all media
- Provide briefings for the MP
- Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on Social Media
- Research local, regional or national issues to support MPs' work
- Support the MP’s office and objectives through highly effective communication and social media presence
There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work occasionally
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 September 2023
Interviews will take place in London – during 1st week in October.
Please send a CV and covering letter, no longer than one page, to James: firstname.lastname@example.org