Date Added: 14 September 2023
: 29 September 2023
Job Title: Communications and Campaigns Officer
Working For: Kate Hollern MP (Blackburn)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (pro rata 4 days a week)
Length of Contract: Permanent following a probationary period
Kate is looking for a talented, enthusiastic & resourceful communications & campaigns officer.
The role would suit someone with passion & drive to help Kate campaign for causes that improve the lives of her constituents.
You need to be as driven to solve problems relating to anti-social parking as you are to campaigning for an end to poverty pay.
This role will suit someone who is comfortable engaging with a very wide range of different people face to face or via phone/zoom.
Some evening & weekend work will be required. You will be expected to spend time in the constituency, so access to a car is desirable.
You will work with the Senior Commons Researcher, constituency manager & caseworkers to ensure Kate's communication with the public is effective and efficient.
• Produce a quarterly leaflet for all residents in the constituency.
• Produce and then work to a proactive forward plan of campaigning & communications that includes Media, social media, Events and Resident Communications.
• Produce Video, written & other digital content for social media channels and website
• Liaise with local media and national media, write press releases, & plan media events
• Engage with stakeholders on local issues, attend Events/Zoom with/as directed by the MP
• Produce letters & surveys to residents, analyse results and carry out follow up work
• Respond to all media enquiries in a timely fashion
• Identify issues for action from liaison with key local stakeholders, casework & surveys
• Liaise with & support caseworkers who are working on constituency issues
• Engage with residents via phone/zoom/events
• Keep Kate fully informed of local issues
• Keep Kate regularly & promptly updated about comms & campaign activity
• Strong communication & campaigning skills
• Excellent organisation & planning skills
• Creative & excellent copywriting skills
• Media & social media management skills, including digital video production & editing
• People management & the ability to form relationships with diverse groups of residents
• Excellent telephone manner
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
Interviews will take place within two weeks of the closing date. Ideally the candidate will start by the end of October 2023 or as early as possible after that.
Please send a two page CV and a one page covering letter to:
email@example.com detailing how you think you meet the requirements of the role.