Date Added: 13 September 2023
: 6 October 2023
Job Title: Senior Consultant
Working For: Metro Dynamics
Charity Number: n/a
Salary: £42k-£56k per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are looking to hire a Senior Consultant join our team and lead and support our work with local economies, helping our clients to navigate and respond to the major policy issues of our time.
Candidates are expected to:
- Be passionate about making places better, with an understanding and curiosity about how to develop local economies and the current economic policy environment
- have 4-6 years’ experience working in a similar consultancy, investor or developer environment, with a focus on bringing economic analysis to bear on development projects and or policy
- be able to demonstrate experience of planning and managing the successful delivery of projects and leading strategic and technical elements of project work
- be a collaborative team player with experience in leading project teams and managing staff
- have a degree in economics or a related field or environmental science / engineering
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- be able to demonstrate experience in using and understanding statistics and data, and have good familiarity with quantitative economic analysis and modelling (Microsoft Excel)
- have good familiarity with standard UK socio-economic datasets
Specialist technical experience is preferred in a number of the following areas:
- Experience of leading the development of business cases and funding bids using the HM Treasury Green Book Approach.
- Experience of conducting socio-economic impact assessment and using impact modelling techniques for a variety of projects and schemes across economic development, education, housing, regeneration and infrastructure.
- Experience of conducting economic evaluations of policies and projects.
- Experience of GIS software (ArcGIS / QGIS).
- Experience of other data platforms, statistical tools, and programming languages – e.g. ‘R’, Python, SQL, STATA, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
Typical tasks for a Senior Consultant include:
- Leading projects or parts of projects – e.g. developing written outputs / reports / slidepacks, supporting client presentations, leading analytical work
- Leading and supporting proposal writing
- Managing day-to-day relationships with clients
- Supporting the development of other colleagues
- Supporting the management activities / administration of the business as required
Closing Date: 6 October 2023
Interviews will take place in mid-October
If you are interested and think this might be the right role for you, we encourage you to get in touch as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Elizabeth.email@example.com with the subject line ‘Metro Dynamics –Senior Consultant’. In your covering letter please explain why you would be suitable for the position. Unfortunately, we are not able to consider applications submitted without a covering letter.