Date Added: 13 September 2023
: 31 October 2023
Job Title: External and Government Affairs - Business Adviser + REMOVED
Working For: Harbour Energy
Salary: up to £70,000 depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Harbour Energy is one of the biggest contributors to energy security in the UK, meeting 12% of the UK’s energy needs. We are also playing a key role in the energy transition, through our world-class Carbon Capture and Storage project, Viking CCS.
We work in a highly-regulated sector, and it is important that we engage with regulators, policymakers and other stakeholders whose decisions can materially impact our business. We are looking to hire a dynamic, experienced policy and stakeholder professional to work closely with the SVP External and Government Relations to develop this critical function.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, collaborative and creative problem-solver, with a background in politics, policy or international relations. You may have been working in parliament, a think-tank, consultancy or in-house for a company, and now you are looking for your next role. While direct experience of the energy sector would be beneficial, it is not essential. However, you must be able to work under pressure to deliver innovative, impactful results.
The postholder will:
• Manage stakeholder relations impact, including stakeholder planning and engagement register.
• Ensure corporate compliance with all governmental rules on disclosure for engaging public officials.
• Provide stakeholder analysis to support identified strategic growth projects
• Manage third party contracted relationships ensuring effective return on contracted investment.
• Project manage landmark thought-leadership material
• Operate as business support adviser to SVP
• Represent Harbour Energy at external forums and events and developing valuable new stakeholder relationships in line with business priorities
• Develop written and presentational materials ensuring focus on company messaging.
• Deliver crisp and well-informed briefing materials for use by senior leaders.
• Maintain proactive external focus to ensure attention to emerging debates.
• Educational background in business, economics, politics or social sciences
• Experience in a corporate, political, policy or research environment
• An interest and understanding of the energy industry and related policy environment
• Comfortable with use of data to construct insights. Ability in economic modelling a strong benefit.
Closing Date: 31 October 2023
Interviews will take place asap.
please apply by sending your CV to Careers@harbourenergy.com
21/09/2023 - This ad has been removed at the request of the advertiser.