Date Added: 13 September 2023
: 24 September 2023
Job Title: Research Officer
Working For: Rt Hon Alex Chalk KC (Cheltenham)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales and experience
Length of Contract: Temporary - approximately 4 months
The Rt Hon Alex Chalk KC MP is looking to recruit a part-time Research Officer to join his friendly and busy office on a temporary contract lasting approximately 4 months to help with staff cover.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, responsible, able to use initiative and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines. Applicants should have a good telephone manner and strong written skills. Some previous experience in an MP’s office would be an advantage.
• Previous Parliamentary experience and knowledge of Parliamentary procedure (desirable)
• Drafting letters and emails
• Excellent research skills
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
• An ability to exercise initiative and work in a sensitive and confidential manner in line with data protection legislation
• Managing, tracking and resolving casework
• An ability to work independently and as part of a small team
• An ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 September 2023
Interviews may commence before application deadline closes.
Employment to start as soon as possible after candidate has been chosen.
Please send CV (no more than two pages) and covering letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com