Date Added: 15 September 2023
: 22 September 2023
Job Title: Senior Casework Officer
Working For: Steve Tuckwell MP (Uxbridge and South Ruislip)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay-scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media, or face-to-face. Ongoing communication may be required.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and
communication with the MP and other staff members.
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially, and accurately in
accordance with the MP.
- Liaise with government agencies, voluntary sector, and others to resolve constituency matters.
- Take initial action on queries from members of the public, including responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate.
- Ensure that all cases and decisions are properly documented, writing clear
concise reports containing analysis of the evidence, explanation of the findings and conclusions, and a robust and appropriate action plan, to include ongoing monitoring and
communication procedures where required.
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately.
- Manage a large caseload of complex cases, working in a professional, confidential, caring,
and sensitive manner.
- Quickly grasp a good understanding of the caseworkMP system.
- Provide MP and Chief of staff with regular updates on casework KPI status
- Liaise with the Local Authority and Constituency Manager as appropriate.
- Lead on projects as determined by Chief of Staff & Constituency Manager
- Be prepared to work in both Westminster & Constituency offices.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 September 2023
Interviews will take place (either face-to-face or online) w/c 25th September 2023