Date Added: 15 September 2023
: 29 September 2023
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Anna McMorrin MP (Cardiff North)
Location: London or Cardiff
Salary: In Line with IPSA Pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and work in a dynamic and fast-paced political environment.
You will play a crucial role in supporting Anna’s work both in the constituency and in Parliament. You will be working in a small team to develop and deliver communications campaigns which are focused on delivering key policy and political messages to stakeholders through both digital and other formats. This will include building and maintaining relations with key media and other stakeholders as well as focusing on digital content creation and delivery.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, proactive, and have excellent communication and organisational skills. Prior experience in a related field is preferred. The role is advertised as full-time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and creating communications strategies and content.
- Overseeing and developing the MP's social media presence, creating very regular updates on all platforms.
- Design and development engaging, targeted content and messages across a range of channels.
- Respond to media inquiries
- Establish and build appropriate strategies around social media and online presence in the constituency, including producing online graphics and video content.
- Evaluate the impact of external communications activity and assessing potential opportunities.
- Draft press releases and articles for publications and monitor relevant press.
- Establish, monitor, and update a social media and online presence.
- Produce online graphics and video content.
- Manage and progress project work.
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
Essential candidate qualities:
- Experience designing and creating online graphics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude to work.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage a busy and diverse workload.
- Commitment to collaborative working across offices.
- Previous experience working for a Member for Parliament or in a similar sector.
- Experience working with video editing software.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
Interviews will take place week commencing 2nd October
Please send a CV and covering letter, no longer than one page, to Marc: Marc.Palmer@Parliament.uk
17/09/2023 - closing date extended from 22/09/23