Date Added: 15 September 2023
: 25 September 2023
Job Title: Campaigns and Research Advisor
Working For: Labour Movement for Europe
Length of Contract: Permanent, subject to a 6-month probation
The LME is seeking to appoint a full-time campaigns and research manager. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the Labour Movement and its values and aims, knowledge of working in a busy office or similar environment, excellent attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and communications skills. It would suit someone with previous experience of campaigns or political research, including in a parliamentary context, who is passionate about our nation’s future in Europe and enjoys working with a wide range of members, volunteers and activists across the UK and beyond on this subject matter.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing consistently high-quality written outputs and research briefs, often on contentious and complex issues to tight deadlines to be used by parliamentarians who are members of the Labour Movement for Europe- this will include press releases, op-eds, statements, blogs, articles Q&As and other materials
- Day-to-day oversight of material for social media including Instagram, twitter, Facebook and the LME website using a range of technologies including NationBuilder, Canva and video software. Experience with these technologies will be a bonus but training is also available.
- Monitoring research and evidence gathering about the impact of Brexit and possible resolution of the problems it causes, including participating in academic and campaign meetings for this purpose
- Support with grassroots campaigning strategy and delivery including working to grow the presence of the Labour Movement for Europe within CLPs and the wider Labour Party and trade Union movement.
- Working with the Chair and the Honorary Secretary of the LME to support fundraising and membership activities including running webinars, online database management and following up membership enquiries and speaker requests.
- Representing the LME at public events as requested
- Managing the work of the administrative assistant.
- There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work overseas occasionally
We encourage applications from people who are traditionally underrepresented in politics, including women, people from minority ethnic communities, LGBT+ individuals and disabled people.
For more information, visit https://www.labourmovementforeurope.uk/we_are_hiring
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Closing Date: 25 September 2023
Interviews will be conducted on the 29th September in Walthamstow and you must be available to meet in person on this date to be considered (reasonable travel costs will be covered).
If you have not been contacted by the 27th for an interview then you have not been shortlisted for this position.
Closing time: 5pm
Please send your CV, and a short supporting statement (no more than 500 words) on why you would be the perfect person to lead this work to email@example.com
Any attempt to contact the Chair or Honorary Secretary of the LME directly regarding this position will result in automatic disqualification from consideration.