Date Added: 15 September 2023
: 25 September 2023
Job Title: Role 1 - Digital Comms Executive / Role 2 - Public Affairs Manager
Working For: MCS Foundation
Location: Role 1 - Norwich / Role 2 - Internet
Salary: Role 1 - £32,000 to £35,000 / Role 2 - £40,000 to £45,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Digital Communications Executive who is a self-motivated, creative individual looking to make an impact in helping to solve the climate crisis. You will be part of the growing team at the MCS Foundation, working alongside the Communications Managers to create powerful, rich content for all the Foundation’s digital channels and web pages. The role will lead on the planning and delivery of all digital communication materials in support of our advocacy and sector innovation work, building our online presence and managing our e-newsletter.
Skills & Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in communications, marketing, digital or similar
• Ability to understand complex and technical policy issues and translate into clear messaging and target driven communications on social media
• Ability to help deliver integrated communication plans using a broad mix of digital channels
• Digital stakeholder engagement and basic GDPR
• Specific website design skills: Wordpress and Google Analytics
Are you motivated by practical action on the climate emergency? Are you an experienced Public Affairs Manager with good political connections to help influence the agenda in building a Net Zero future?
This is a new position that plays a key role in supporting the delivery of The MCS Foundation External Affairs Strategy. You will help deliver the public affairs function with a primary focus on Westminster, developing political briefings, meeting politicians, forwarding our positions, and attending parliamentary and when needed cross-party groups, as well as support party conferences, and work with partners and coalition groups to help deliver our aims and objectives.
Skills & Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• A detailed knowledge and understanding of Parliamentary process at Westminster
• Proven track record of influencing public policy.
• Experience of working effectively with partner organisations.
• Good government or political connections
• Ability to deliver external affairs strategies with clear goals and objectives
• Confident speaker and communicator with excellent written and presentation skills
Closing Date: 25 September 2023
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a covering letter and CV