Date Added: 15 September 2023
: 1 October 2023
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rachel Reeves MP (Leeds West)
Location: Bramley, Leeds
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
A vacancy has become available in Rachel Reeves MP’s constituency office for a Caseworker to provide a high level of support to constituents and manage a large caseload. Previous experience of constituency casework, and of working for a Member of Parliament, is preferable but not essential.
A high-level of written and spoken English and a professional telephone manner are essential. A driving licence is also desirable. There is a requirement to work flexibly, particularly during election periods. Work may take place away from the constituency office, including at Westminster.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data (including patterns of enquiries) to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends.
- Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, lobbyists and pressure groups.
- Liaise with groups/personnel at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the Member’s behalf as necessary.
- Research local and regional issues to support the Member’s work.
- Provide briefings for the Member.
- Manage projects under the direction of the Member/ Office Manager.
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with GDPR requirements.
- Gather relevant information to manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately.
- Attend tribunals and meetings in the Member’s place as appropriate.
- Ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Liaise with government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituent matters.
- Build upon the existing social media presence in the constituency.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments.
- Contribute to the Member’s website contents for local issues.
- Publicise local events.
- Proactive and re-active communications with all media.
- Previous experience of casework, ideally in an MP’s office.
- Ability to manage a wide range of written and telephone enquiries.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience of working in a public-facing role.
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to efficiency.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 October 2023
Interviews will be held in w/c 9 October.
The successful candidate will start as soon as possible.
Please send a copy of your CV and a short covering letter (no more than one A4 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Job Application – Constituency Caseworker'.