Date Added: 15 September 2023
: 6 October 2023
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Dame Caroline Dinenage DBE MP (Gosport)
Salary: Within IPSA pay scales and dependent upon experience.
Length of Contract: Permanent
A vacancy is expected to become available in December 2023 on the staff of Dame Caroline Dinenage for a full-time Parliamentary Assistant. Dame Caroline is looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, reliable and proactive person, preferably with experience of Parliamentary procedures through working in an MP’s office, to join her Westminster team. The preferred candidate will require excellent attention to detail and need to demonstrate good knowledge of current political affairs.
Working under the direction of the Senior Parliamentary Assistant, responsibilities include:
• The management of the MP’s diary.
* Assisting in Dame Caroline’s role as Chair of the Culture, Media & Sport Select Committee.
• Assisting in maintaining a current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business including motions, legislation, Hansard and debates.
• Research and drafting of policy correspondence.
• Drafting briefing notes.
• Assisting with social media, writing articles and newsletters.
• Attending some meetings and committees in Westminster, including with constituents.
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours on occasions and travel to the constituency occasionally.
• A good flexible team player.
• Good political awareness and judgement.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an attention to detail.
* Reliable and conscientious with high personal standards.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Some experience of policy work.
* A good understanding of Parliamentary Procedures.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative and Unionist Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 October 2023
Interview dates to be confirmed.
The appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Start Date: December 2023
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Glenn Duggan, Chief of Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org