Date Added: 16 September 2023
: 6 October 2023
Job Title: Campaign Organiser / Campaign Manager
Working For: Harrogate & Knaresborough Liberal Democrats
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 / £30,000 - £32,000 respectively
Length of Contract: 12-month Fixed Term Contract or until 3 month after the General Election, with the view of the role continue if we elect an MP
Harrogate & Knaresborough Liberal Democrats are recruiting a new Campaign Organiser or Campaign Manager, depending on skills and experience, to help run and deliver our General Election campaign.
Flexible working hours will include the expectation of significant evening and weekend work, particularly in the run-up to the General Election. It may also include, but not be restricted to attendance at local party meetings, training and action events.
- Oversee the design, production, print, and delivery co-ordination of campaign literature including direct mail.
- Organise events including action days, fundraisers, and social events in conjunction with the relevant local party officers.
- Manage and develop the local party website and the use of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms to ensure a high profile.
- Organise the internal communications of the local party and external communications, such as press releases to local media outlets
- Assist in day-to-day administrative duties as appropriate and produce written reports as requested. Manage the office and stock adequate stationery and paper supplies. Ensure office machinery is operational.
- Attend relevant conferences, training and other meetings as required.
- Any other tasks commensurate with the role of Campaign Organiser / Campaign Manager.
- Strong personal organisation and self-motivation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, whilst prioritising workload to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to engage, motivate, and manage a team of councillors and volunteers, and to delegate tasks effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills with up-to-date knowledge of social media and Microsoft Office.
- Must be happy and able to work independently and as part of a team without significant supervision.
- Shares the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
- A knowledge of the following software and platforms would be desirable but not essential: Connect, Targeted Email, Lighthouse, Fleet, Eventcube, Affinity Publisher.
- Experience of delivering political campaigns.
- Use a RISO printer and folding machine.
Closing Date: 6 October 2023
Interviews will be the week following the closing date.
Start date is negotiable, but ideally ASAP.
Please email Tom Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a full CV of no more than 2 pages, including a telephone number and email address, and a covering letter (no more than one A4 page).
Please set out whether you are applying for the Campaign Organiser or Campaign Manager role, and why you want the job and how your experience and skills are relevant to it.
If you are applying for the Campaign Manager role we would expect a minimum of 3 years experience of delivering winning campaigns.