Date Added: 16 September 2023
: 29 September 2023
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Matt Warman MP (Boston and Skegness)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales and experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Matt Warman, Member of Parliament for Boston and Skegness, is looking to recruit an experienced, well organised and politically aware Senior Parliamentary Assistant to join his Westminster office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of Matt’s Parliamentary office as well as his work in Parliament, and so must have previous experience of working in Parliament. The role would suit a Senior Parliamentary Assistant or a Parliamentary Assistant ready to take on a larger role.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Day to day running of the office in Parliament, including Managing the Member of Parliament’s inbox and Parliamentary diary
• Advising the Member of Parliament on policy issues and parliamentary process
• Responding to policy correspondence from constituents
• Drafting press releases and content for local media
• Providing policy advice to the Member of Parliament’s casework team on issues raised by constituents
• Undertaking research, and writing briefings and articles
• Drafting press releases on national and local issues, and leading on engagement with local media
• Creating content for the Member of Parliament’s website and social media
• Liaising with the constituency office on local campaigns and projects
• Undertaking administrative duties, including management of the overall office budget and expenses
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• Experience of working in Parliament
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Strong research and IT skills
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
• Knowledge of the IPSA expenses system would also be advantageous.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
Interviews will be held during the weeks commencing 2nd/9th October online or in Westminster with an ideal start date of mid November.
Applicants should send their CV and a one page covering letter to Matt Warman MP (email@example.com). Please also direct any queries about the role to this address.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Start date to be confirmed with the successful candidate. An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.