Date Added: 18 September 2023
: 22 September 2023
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant + REMOVED
Working For: Christine Jardine MP (Edinburgh West)
Salary: £25,500 - £37,466
Length of Contract: Permanent
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Assisting in writing external communications
• Assisting with casework, policy correspondence, and project work
• Attending meetings and visits in the constituency when required
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
• Confidential, professional and caring engagement with members of the public.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business
• Have working knowledge of relevant legislation and upcoming business including how they impact on the constituency
• Monitor local, regional, and national media coverage and provide briefings on relevant issues
• Monitor social media activity and report any relevant trends to the team
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
• Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An ability to handle matters sensitively, confidentially and to work well as part of a small team
• Good command of IT, website tools and social media applications
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs with strong academic record
• Links to or knowledge of the constituency will be beneficial but not essential
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 September 2023
Applications by email with full CV and covering letter to
Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org further details available from same address.
21/09/2023 - This ad was removed at the request of the advertiser.