Date Added: 19 September 2023
: 1 October 2023
Job Title: Green Group Support Officer
Working For: Lambeth Council (Green Party Group Office)
Salary: £35,223 (pro rata)
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to be part of the Green Party Group Office at Lambeth Council. The role will require a capable all-rounder, comfortable working within a busy environment and someone who has a good understanding of the range of council services, reporting to the Head of the Chief Executive’s Office and Democratic Services Manager.
Your main responsibilities will be handling casework enquiries on behalf of the Green Party Councillors, and to support the Green party Councillors in being an effective Opposition Group.
This is a high-profile opportunity to work at the cutting edge of local government for a political group as they represent their constituents and strive to deliver improvements for the most populous Inner London borough.
Lambeth is an exciting place to work, having strong links to the business community driving Lambeth’s rapid economic growth with the highest number business start-ups recorded in London in 2016, to a diverse and politically active community who you will be interacting with on a daily basis. Lambeth is also one of the most varied London boroughs, encompassing many of London’s iconic landmarks, from the wide-open green spaces of Clapham Common, Streatham Common and Brockwell Park to the cultural highlights of the South Bank.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deal with queries from residents who have issues with the Council or council services which they want the Green Party Group Councillors to take up on their behalf;
- identify, obtain, analyse and summarise in briefings relevant information, from within and outside the Council, as required by Green Party Group Councillors
- Provide support to Green Party Group Councillors in all aspects of their as the main Opposition Party within Lambeth.
- Previous casework experience is desirable;
- Experience of analysing information and producing briefings is desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- An understanding of the sensitivities of working in a political environment;
- Good IT skills including using a casework tracking system and Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to draft letters, briefings and emails to an excellent standard; and,
- Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Closing Date: 1 October 2023
Interview dates to be confirmed.
Closing time: Midnight
Please note we operate an anonymised application process. If you are uploading your CV or a personal statement, please remove your personal details.
To find the Job Description & Person Specification and apply, please click link below that will take you to the job on our career site.