Date Added: 21 September 2023
: 20 October 2023
Job Title: Executive Officer + REMOVED
Working For: Rt Hon Victoria Prentis KC MP (Banbury)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Rt Hon Victoria Prentis KC MP is looking for a full-time Executive Officer to join her small Parliamentary team. This is a hybrid role which will provide an opportunity to work both at Westminster and from home. The successful candidate will be expected to accompany Victoria on regular constituency days. A full-clean driving licence would be preferred.
Applicants should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team. A good telephone manner and strong written skills are essential. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, able to use initiative and work to tight deadlines.
- Managing, tracking and resolving casework
- Dealing with email, letter and telephone enquiries, providing information and support to constituents on a broad range of issues
- Drafting and responding to policy campaign correspondence
- Drafting letters and emails and maintaining detailed case records
- Undertaking ad hoc research and written tasks
- Monitoring and updating a social media and online presence in the constituency
- Organising and assisting with constituency visits, surgeries and other meetings
- Knowledge of Caseworker.mp software would be an advantage
The following skills are essential:
- A friendly and confident telephone manner
- Excellent written skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong proactive work ethic
- An ability to prioritise tasks and work independently
- An ability to use initiative and work in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- Knowledge of the Banbury area preferable
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 October 2023
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the closing date.
Start date: As soon as possible
Please send a CV and short covering letter to Mrs Catharine Wozniak (email@example.com). Shortlisted candidates will be expected to undertake a written task at interview.
09/10/2023 - This advert was removed at the request of the advertiser