Date Added: 21 September 2023
: 27 October 2023
Job Title: Senior Policy Manager
Working For: Public First
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Public First is a specialist consultancy, helping charities, philanthropists, public sector bodies and global brands improve public policy. We are part think tank, part strategic consultancy, part polling company, and part communications agency. In other words, we bring together the different disciplines that make policy happen.
Technology is one of the major areas of expertise for Public First, and we work with some of the best-known businesses in the sector – including Google, AWS, Meta, Intel, Uber, Sky and others. We are looking for the right person/people to join our growing technology practice.
We are open to the level of seniority that this role might cover but we expect you will come from some type of policy background and have a specialism in tech policy. The role will include some or all the following key responsibilities:
- Leading or supporting individual projects within the technology practice. This would be under the supervision of the Head of Practice, with significant day to day autonomy and responsibility for execution and delivery of work.
- Providing expertise in particular areas of technology policy. We are knowledge junkies! We want a culture of expertise within the organisation, and to learn from each other about all elements of policy within our practice (and other areas, as well).
- Maintaining and further building strong networks across the technology sector. This includes relationships across government, technology companies and the wider tech network such as think tanks and third sector organisations.
The role will require the following:
- Experience working in technology policy.
- Familiarity with government, policymaking and politics.
- Ability to write clearly, incisively and precisely about policy issues.
- Ability to handle quantitative data.
- Ability to verbally present reseach conclusions.
- A willingness to work flexibly across a small organisation.
Closing Date: 27 October 2023
This application will involve a short test prior to the interview which should take no longer than one hour. We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, and looking for successful candidates to start as soon as possible.
For more details about the role, please visit our website here: https://www.publicfirst.co.uk/senior-policy-manager-technology.html
Please submit a copy of your CV and a short statement (approx. 300 words) outlining how you fit the criteria via this application form: https://forms.gle/2XqvuBh8t94qH67CA
20/10/2023 - Salary amended and closing date extended.