Date Added: 21 September 2023
: 20 October 2023
Job Title: Campaign Manager - Windsor
Working For: Windsor Conservative Association
Salary: Up to £45,000 (dependent on experience)
Length of Contract: Until the next General Election
Windsor Conservative Association are looking for a Campaign Manager to support the election of Jack Rankin, our Prospective Parliamentary Candidate.
Do you want to make a difference, helping to achieve big things for local communities, but without getting elected yourself? There are few people more important than our Campaign Managers. They run election campaigns and local issue campaigns. They lead teams of volunteers making a difference. And crucially, they help us win elections.
Yes, being a Campaign Manager is grassroots politics at its best. It is an incredibly rewarding and flexible job and allows you to make a huge difference to the lives of local residents. Whether you are starting out in your career or whether you are looking for a full time or part time position, all you need is a can-do attitude and a desire to learn new things.
The role of Campaign Manager offers flexibility beyond the confines of a traditional 9-5 Monday-to-Friday schedule. Work hours are tailored to the demands of the role, allowing for adaptability and a balanced work-life arrangement. The Windsor Parliamentary constituency is large, stretching from Langley to Virginia Water. It covers three local authorities and two counties - being able to drive and having your own vehicle will be important in undertaking the role.
What will you do as a Campaign Manager?
Every day is different — that is what makes the job interesting. But you can expect to:
- Build relationships with elected representatives, including councillors and MPs
- Create winning campaign teams made up of enthusiastic volunteers
- Leading teams of volunteers on the ground
- Exercise your creativity by producing leaflets and communications
- Ensure Polling Day activities run smoothly
- Support your candidates’ and elected representatives’ presence on social media
- Develop a voter contact programme, speaking with people face and face and over the phone
What skills do you need to be a Campaign Manager?
- Are you a doer and a planner?
- Can you communicate with people from all types of background both face to face, and in writing?
- Can you build good interpersonal relationships to both work in a team and also to motivate those around you?
- Are you someone with great organisational skills – able to plan events and campaigns?
- Do you believe in the Conservative Party’s values and aims?
Closing Date: 20 October 2023
On a rolling basis, we may appoint before the closing date for the right candidate.
Please email WCA Chairman, Lars Swann, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jack Rankin at email@example.com with a CV and covering letter.