Date Added: 11 October 2023
: 30 November 2023
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Luke Hall MP (Thornbury and Yate)
Location: Chipping Sodbury, South Gloucestershire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Luke Hall, Member of Parliament for Thornbury, Yate and the surrounding villages is looking to recruit a full-time member of staff to join his Constituency Office based in Chipping Sodbury.
The ideal candidate will be bright and enthusiastic, highly organised, and with a keen interest in politics.
Some experience of working in a political setting would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
Key responsibilities include but not exclusively:
• Secretarial and administrative office support, file management, mail handling
• Dealing with enquiries from constituents
• Attend regular weekly advice surgery meetings and other meetings with the MP, as required
• Liaising with Government departments, local councils and other organisations
• Planning, co-ordinating, and management of community projects
• Communicating aspects of Luke’s work to relevant audiences via Community engagement
• Drafting and mailing letters to residents on a range of issues
• Research local, regional or national issues to support the MP’s work
The successful candidate will have:
• Keen political awareness and sympathetic to the Conservative Party values
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of working with members of the public
• An ability to take the initiative and work proactively to manage competing deadlines, to prioritise tasks and work independently
• Excellent attention to detail, especially in written communications
• The ability to work in a sensitive and confidential manner at all times
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
• As part of the role, some travel throughout the constituency will be required as well as weekend work
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
Interviews will likely be held during the week commencing 4th December 2023.
Immediate start preferred.
Please note the position may be appointed before the closing date.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a Covering letter to Thomas Howell (Office Manager) to email@example.com