Date Added: 11 October 2023
: 6 November 2023
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Manchester Airports Group
Length of Contract: Permanent
- Public Affairs Manager - London Stansted Airport
- Permanent role
- Hybrid working - rotating between Stansted Airport, our central London office, Westminster, Stansted's catchment area and working from home
About the role:
As Public Affairs Manager, you will fulfil an essential role as an advocate for London Stansted Airport, engaging the Government, Parliamentarians and a full-range of regional stakeholders on the airport’s critical role as an economic enabler. You will work to protect and promote the airport’s interests on a range of issues from rail policy to decarbonisation and devolution.
Typical duties include (but not limited to):
Managing London Stansted’s day to day stakeholder engagement activity, including key workstreams and campaigns designed to reinforce our commercial priorities.
Working to support the Managing Director and senior leadership team with briefings, policy research and advice to help the airport promote its interests and ensure its voice is heard.
You will manage your own key relationships throughout the region, helping influencers understand our policy priorities and values and building advocacy for our role in London and the East of England.
You will support the Head of Corporate Affairs in creating and driving high-quality stakeholder engagement programmes and campaigns that showcase the airport’s values and assets, such as Stansted Airport College.
The ideal candidate will:
- Show a strong track record as a highly motivated and proactive colleague with a great attitude and someone who gets results.
- You probably possessing around 4-5 years of experience in Public Affairs or politics. You may have worked for a think tank, MP’s office or in a similar setting.
- Have a good grasp of policy and be able to demonstrate how you have contributed to favourable policy outcomes or results for your current organisation.
At MAG, we recognise creating a first-class journey for our customers starts by creating a first-class career journey for our colleagues and we are committed to building inclusive environments in which our people can thrive. You’ll also have access to some great benefits including:
- 6% company contribution pension
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free parking
- Subsidised public transport
- Huge range of company discounts
Closing Date: 6 November 2023
To be confirmed.
Please apply for this role via our careers website: https://mag-careers.com/. You can contact the MAG Recruitment team by emailing HR.Recruitment@manairport.co.uk