Date Added: 11 October 2023
: 10 December 2023
Job Title: Principal, Commercial Finance
Working For: a client of Hanson Search
Length of Contract: 12 Months FTC
We have an excellent opportunity at a leading trade association responsible for representing the finance and banking sector who are looking to hire a Principal of Commercial Finance to serve their members through the delivery of policies and initiatives. The association works with its members to formulate policy helping represent and advocate the views of its members.
The position is ideal for someone who can adapt to rapid developments in a regulated everchanging industry. There is scope to work with clients at the forefront of banking and finance including retail UK banks and lenders. Familiarity and knowledge of policy and public affairs as well as an existing network of contact is highly beneficial.
- Leading on specific Commercial Finance policy matters and initiatives to influence, develop and shape policy
- Assume responsibility for communicating members views at meetings with UK retail banks, and lenders
- Managing, organising and generating content, including policy papers, on finance consultations and inquiries from Government, Select Committees and Regulators
- Researching developments impacting Commercial Finance to support advocacy that could lead to change in policy or regulation
- Contribute to the overall growth of the organisation by leading engagement with key stakeholders including the Government, FCA and the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Demonstratable ability to network and gain confidence from banks, regulators, politicians and other stakeholders
- Experience of responsibility ideally previously in financial services, professional services, a trade body or government regulator
- High attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Closing Date: 10 December 2023