Date Added: 17 October 2023
: 30 November 2023
Job Title: Executive and Parliamentary Assistant + REMOVED
Working For: The Lord Bilimoria CBE DL
Salary: £23,000 - 26,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Lord Karan Bilimoria is looking for an Executive and Parliamentary Assistant, to manage his House of Lords and business activities and support him in his role as a crossbench peer and business and educational leader. Duties include providing accurate, impartial and clear briefings to Lord Bilimoria and other stakeholders and liaising with staff to ensure strategic planning and complete management of his diary in addition to supporting the team with various ad hoc tasks.
- Maintain a forward plan of opportunities including interventions, meetings, securing debates and oral questions, exploring opportunities for supporting legislation and key votes
- Strategic planning and daily management of Lord Bilimoria’s diary and schedule, in collaboration with multiple stakeholders. This will include his work in the Lords and business endeavours as well as his personal diary and commitments.
- Managing correspondence and meeting arrangements in line with Lord Bilimoria’s schedule.
- Research key topics relating to Parliamentary interests and for various speaking engagements (Defence, higher-education, international students, British-India relations, Zoroastrianism, etc) and provide comprehensive, accessible and clear briefings.
- Build effective relationships across the Houses of Parliament across all political parties, in line with his cross-bench role
- Support Lord Bilimoria’s business, politics-adjacent and office activities in same capacity.
- Knowledge and understanding of the House of Lords and parliamentary procedures.
- Self-starting multitasker with the ability to work unsupervised and to manage and prioritise workloads.
Awareness and understanding of current political issues, ideally relating to parliamentary interests mentioned above.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good relationship builder who can build and retain relationships with a wide range of people, regardless of political affiliation or background.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Candidate will need to be comfortable with flexible working hours
Further, you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
Interview: ASAP (in-person in Westminster)
Start Date: ASAP
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
For more details, please contact us on the above email.
Due to the nature of the job, we will unfortunately not be able to respond to unsuccesful applications.
02/11/2023 - This advert was removed at the request of the advertiser