Date Added: 23 October 2023
: 1 December 2023
Job Title: Public Affairs and Policy Manager
Working For: The Vegan Society, a client of webrecruit
Location: Birmingham, UK
Salary: £34,834 - £39,186 per annum (Full-Time)
Length of Contract: Permanent
As the Public Affairs and Policy Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering innovative and effective political campaigning work across a range of issues that support The Vegan Society strategy, including concerning public sector institutions, food labelling, agricultural policy and sustainability.
- Leading and developing the policy team, identifying opportunities to raise The Vegan Society concerns in UK and EU parliament, local government and devolved administrations, and highlighting opportunities to engage policymakers on our key issues.
- Working with the Policy Advisor and Campaigns and Policy Assistant to develop positions on relevant issues, informed by The Vegan Society research capacity.
- Contributing to and overseeing the development of materials including policy briefings, consultation responses, engagement letters, invites, op-eds, articles and blogs.
- Communicating The Vegan Society’s work in this field, including writing for publications, giving presentations and attending events.
- Project managing campaigns, monitoring KPIs and providing progress reports for senior management.
- Working closely with the campaigns team to ensure that all campaigns have policy in support and help to drive system change.
- Working closely with the Communications team to plan online, social and media coverage in support of our policy objectives.
- Producing and monitoring project budgets for policy work.
- Managing and strengthening relationships with external partners and groups, including the All Party Parliamentary Group on Veganism and Vegetarianism.
You will need to have:
- Demonstrable experience driving policy change.
- Experience working on policy at a national (UK or other country), EU or multilateral level.
The Vegan Society is a campaigning and educational charity, as well as a membership organisation.
This role will be predominantly remote working. The successful candidate must be willing to attend mandatory days when required in the office or staff awaydays.
Closing Date: 1 December 2023
Closing date for applications: 9am 01st December 2023.
Please select the apply button shown and fill out the job application form.
We are actively recruiting for this position and may contact shortlisted candidates prior to the published closing date so early applications are encouraged.
CVs cannot be accepted. No agencies.
Please apply here:
16/11/2023 - Closing date changed to 01/12/2023.