Date Added: 25 October 2023
: 21 November 2023
Job Title: Creative Campaigner
Working For: Compass + Clive Lewis MP
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000
Length of Contract: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
The Creative Campaigner position represents a rare opportunity to work both within and beyond Parliament to build power for greater democracy and a just transition to a post-carbon, wellbeing-based economy.
The CC will spend 3 days a week working on climate campaigns for Clive Lewis MP and 2 days on climate and democracy campaigns at Compass.
This role was born from the recognition that the gap between parliamentary and civil society campaigns hampers our movement and weakens the alliances we need to build long-term power.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, committed and keen to learn and is comfortable working in a small and lively team that spans Compass and Clive’s office.
This role involves:
- Planning and delivering campaigns on climate justice, building the movement for a just transition and a Green New Deal for Clive Lewis MP
- Boosting Compass’ Win As One campaign, with a particular focus on creative digital communications, social media and crafting powerful stories about democratic cooperation
- Engaging and growing our supporter base to maximise our impact through email messaging, graphics and social
- Connecting parliamentary activity with grassroots campaigning, making the links between communicable activities and work on the ground
Experience, qualifications and knowledge
- At least 2 years experience in the political campaigning sector: whether in a not-for-profit, trade union, political party, charity, NGO or grassroots organisation.
- Digital campaign communications: you may have written copy for a petition, designed social media graphics to raise the profile of a campaign or mapped out an email journey to turn people out to an event.
- Experience working on campaigns or projects with tight deadlines: you can manage your own time and keep to realistic work schedules.
- A grasp of the mechanisms of a campaign and good knowledge of the digital tools for the job, such as email tools, graphics programmes and social media. Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
- Experience of supporting people to take action through effective communications and helping build the capacity of a supporter community.
- An understanding of the UK progressive political scene and support for the aims, values and vision of Clive Lewis MP and Compass.
Closing Date: 21 November 2023
Deadline for applications is 9am on the closing date.
We may offer phone interviews ahead of the closing date. In-person interviews will take place w/b 27th November and w/b 4th December.
Full details of the job and application can be found here: https://apply.workable.com/compass-14/j/0ABFBBCC7A/