Date Added: 1 November 2023
: 30 November 2023
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Michael Shanks MP (Rutherglen and Hamilton West)
Salary: as per IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Newly elected Labour MP Rutherglen and Hamilton West is recruiting for a Senior caseworker to join his team in Rutherglen.
The successful candidate will be a proven problem solver with a high level of written and verbal communication. Experience within local government, the voluntary sector or a similar casework type role would be advantageous but what is essential is a genuine concern for the lives of the constituents along with an interest in a wide range of issues directly affecting residents.
Good IT skills are also essential.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
• Assist with surgeries/other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with data protection legislation
• Exercise a high level of autonomy in reaching decisions on cases based on the evidence
• Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Manage a large caseload of complex cases, working in a professional, confidential, caring and sensitive manner
• Respond professionally, sensitively, confidentially and with integrity to routine correspondence and enquiries by email, telephone, social media and face to face from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
Interviews will take place week commencing 4th December.
Please send your CV and a short supporting statement of no more than five hundred words to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org