Date Added: 2 November 2023
: 31 December 2023
Job Title: Policy Advisor
Working For: The Business Services Association
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
This is a responsible job which involves a variety of activities centred around the policy work of the Business Services Association (BSA).
The BSA is a long-established membership body that brings together organisations delivering services and infrastructure projects across the private and public sectors. Member organisations include large and small businesses, charities and social enterprises.
We work closely with stakeholders across central, devolved, and local government and organise a large number of events throughout the year for members. These range from roundtables and briefings to seminars, summits, lectures, and dinners. This role would therefore suit someone who is comfortable working with senior figures across industry and government.
An interest in British politics, both national and regional, is essential as is an understanding of how Westminster and Whitehall work. We are not looking for specific policy knowledge as much as the ability to learn and master a range of topics.
The role involves analysing policy developments, distilling complex policy into concise information, producing daily political and media reports, and arranging virtual and in-person events. It also includes supporting the work of the monthly Economic Tracker survey and analysing key trends impacting the sector.
The BSA currently operates a hybrid working model with three days in the office and two remote.
•Support the work of the Head of Policy, including coordinating internal BSA committees and working groups
• Produce daily political and media reports
• Communicate complex policy to a variety of stakeholders
• Arrange events on key policy areas for the sector
• Prepare briefing papers and reports
• Monitor developments in UK politics and identify opportunities for the BSA to influence policy
• Represent the BSA at external meetings and events
• Provide support to other members of the team as required
Skills & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of UK politics and policy making processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to distil complex information into concise summaries
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
Closing Date: 31 December 2023
To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter (maximum one side of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org