Date Added: 2 November 2023
: 18 December 2023
Job Title: Junior Conference Producer
Working For: Professional Development Group
Salary: £24,000 (increasing to £25,000 on passing probation)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Professional Development Group (PDG) has several divisions developing industry-leading products and services that help customers connect and learn. Our brands are:
Government Events: We deliver leading, information-led public sector conferences and events at the forefront of Government policy.
MyPD: Executive Education division that provides courses for managers and leaders in a range of areas.
GovPD: Provides one day online, or in-person in-house training mainly focused around 'soft' skills training.
GE Insights: This is an online resource to help professionals develop better public services.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Conduct in-depth research and build knowledge on a range of public policy areas.
• Write and produce insightful sector-leading conferences and events.
• Identify and invite industry leaders and experts to speak across a portfolio of events.
• Work closely with speakers to maintain relationships and prepare them to present at events.
• Generate and pitch new event ideas.
• Meet event deadlines through confirming speakers and collecting presentations.
• Oversee on-the-day event running, including speaker liaisons and relationship management.
• Educated to degree level (preferably in Politics, Public Policy, or a relevant subject).
• Strong interest and/or understanding of government and public sector policy.
• Demonstrated excellent written (including copy writing) and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively.
• Flexible team player, with ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
• Training and Development Opportunities
• Hybrid working – we go into the office 3 days a week and work from home 2 days.
• 23.5 days holiday, including 1/2 day for your birthday, plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase a further 4 days. Holiday entitlement increases with length of service.
• Christmas shutdown.
• Coffee bar ground floor with space to eat.
• Events for the building, most commonly St Paddy’s Day, Halloween, and Christmas, plus summer parties.
• Free snacks/ Teas and Coffees.
• Wellbeing events.
Closing Date: 18 December 2023
We will interview asap. Start date will be early 2024.
While we do not mandate that you disclose any personal information, we strongly encourage that you make us aware of any reasonable adjustments so we can support you through the recruitment process and beyond.
Please apply by e-mailing email@example.com with your CV and covering letter.
Inclusion & Diversity:
We recruit, promote, and reward our people solely based on their ability to contribute to Government Events’ goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.