Date Added: 2 November 2023
: 1 December 2023
Job Title: Community Hub Leader
Working For: Oasis Trust
Location: Bradford, Lister Park
Salary: £34,192 – £38,493 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
Oasis is looking for someone who can combine an entrepreneurial flair and excellent leadership and relational skills to become the new Community Hub Leader based in Oasis Hub Lister Park in Bradford.
An Oasis Hub supports the Academy community (students and their families) directly by helping young people and their families to overcome the wide-ranging community barriers that could prevent them from achieving their potential. Examples include holiday schemes, afterschool and lunchtime clubs, youth mentoring, a youth community ambassador programme plus a range of enrichment activities.
The post holder will lead the development of the Children, Youth and Community work supporting the local Academies and wider local community, and to hold the vision of integrated community delivery. We are looking for an experienced Community Leader who will take the Hub Charity to the next stage of development and grow the local community movement through our Christ-centred ethos. Some of the specific duties of this role include:
- coordination of a range of services such as family support, holiday provision, volunteering, youth mentoring and community empowerment projects.
- building supportive working partnerships across the community and various groups.
- leading Hub strategic development (e.g. comms, income generation, Monitoring and evaluation)
- planning, resource and coordinate the community Hub plan, measuring impact.
- developing a team that can grow an Oasis Movement (e.g. engaging staff, volunteers and community workers).
This is very much a relational and project management role. As such, the successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- experience of leading community delivery and growing projects from start-up phase.
- innovative use of resources and budget management to maximise funding.
- a thorough knowledge and understanding community work.
While a relevant degree is an advantage, we are really looking for candidates who are aligned with our ethos and values, and can demonstrate relevant experience.
This is a unique opportunity for a self-reliant and results-focused individual, who is looking to make a difference in this complex and high-profile field of work.
Closing Date: 1 December 2023
First round of interviews will be held on Wednesday 6th December via TEAMS with the final interviews on Wednesday 13th December, in the community space in Oasis Academy Lister Park.
We invite you to send in your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com. Please refer to the ethos section of the application pack and ensure you answer the following questions:
• How do you seek to demonstrate the Oasis ethos in your work?
• How do you meet the essential and relevant criteria in relation to the Person Specification.