We are seeking to appoint a Political Officer within the National Gas Corporate Affairs team, based at our London office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong political judgement and a keen interest in the energy sector.
• Writing and delivering high quality political and policy briefings for senior figures within National Gas.
• Proactively organising and attending events with key political and industry figures.
• Engaging with parliamentarians and government figures to support National Gas’ objectives.
• Liaising with and supporting colleagues across National Gas, up to the highest level.
• Analysing political and policy developments, and producing relevant material in response.
• Monitoring external political and policy activity covering the government, backbenchers, opposition parties, industry, and the devolved nations and regions.
• Willingness to work flexibly around the political calendar.
Your professional experience:
• Excellent political judgement.
• The ability to work independently and proactively to produce high quality material.
• Understanding and experience working in Parliament or alongside senior politicians.
• Keen interest and understanding of the energy sector.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Fluent and clear written style.
• A strong academic background.
We may appoint before the closing date so would urge you to submit an application as soon as possible.