Date Added: 8 November 2023
: 23 November 2023
Job Title: Caseworker / Senior Caseworker
Working For: Rupa Huq MP (Ealing Central and Acton)
Salary: Caseworker (£24,000-£38,197); Senior Caseworker (£33,110-£45,927) (dependent on experience)
Length of Contract: Permanent following 6-month probation
An opportunity has arisen to join Rupa Huq’s team for a Caseworker.
Serving a busy west London constituency, you will have excellent communication and writing abilities and interpersonal skills to enable them to take up and resolving enquires from constituents about local issues including housing, immigration, benefits and planning. The job requires an empathetic individual who is able to assist residents face-to-face, by phone and email in a caring and professional manner. It would be highly advantageous to have knowledge and understanding of the Ealing Central & Acton area, and a commitment to improving the lives of Rupa’s constituents is vital.
Previous experience in politics is not essential but it would be advantageous to have experience of advisory services.
Sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party is essential.
• Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses.
• Managing a portfolio of casework, including logging cases on the CaseworkerMP system.
• Liaise with government agencies, council members and staff, businesses, and other agencies to resolve problems.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation/guidelines.
• Ensure that cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, adhering to GDPR principles at all times.
• Attending surgeries and other meetings with local stakeholders and groups as appropriate.
• Identifying when issues raised through casework provide opportunities for parliamentary activity and advocacy by the MP, such as questions, debates etc.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Able to work to tight deadlines and pay keen attention to detail.
• Good organisational skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team or independently.
• Previous experience of handling casework, including immigration, housing, and the benefit system is desirable.
• Ability to manage a large and varied caseload under pressure and carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard.
• Experience in using a casework database such as CaseworkerMP.
• Experience of speaking with members of the public over the telephone and face to face
Closing Date: 11.59pm Thursday 23 November 2023
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 November 2023
Interviews will be scheduled in the week beginning 27 November 2023 with a start date as soon as possible. Please indicate in your application letter if you will not be available on any dates that week. Please also include your notice period in your cover letter.
To apply, please email:
• Your CV
• A covering letter of no more than one A4 side setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills, responsibilities and experience.
• 300 words on what you think are likely to be the key issues facing Ealing Central & Acton residents over the next year.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Caseworker – YOUR NAME’. Please note that due to the high volume of expected applications we will only contact you if shortlisted for the role.