Date Added: 9 November 2023
: 24 November 2023
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: David Lammy MP (Tottenham)
Length of Contract: Permanent
The role is based in our Westminster office, but caseworkers also need to work in Tottenham for constituent surgeries and other stakeholder meetings.
David is looking for a candidate with a strong understanding of how to take up and resolve enquires from constituents about their issues, including housing, benefits, and immigration cases.
Duties will include:
• Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses.
• Organising and attending surgeries, other relevant meetings, and taking notes.
• Gathering information relevant to assist cases
• Liaising with various agencies and organisations to resolve constituents' problems
• Identifying and responding to local casework trends across the area
• Assisting David to develop responses to key local issues
• Logging all cases, monitoring progress and ensuring that actions are taken
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Experience in a similar role and understanding of the software programme CaseworkerMP are desirable but not essential
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Workload and project management skills
• Good IT skills
• Ability to deal with constituents and community interest groups in a helpful and sympathetic manner
• Experience of advising in areas such as housing, welfare benefits or immigration issues or community advocacy work would be beneficial.
A good working knowledge or understanding of local issues in Tottenham, and of emerging domestic policies, and the ability to identify casework trends in relation to these, are desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their enthusiasm to play a key role in a hardworking team supporting David in his constituency work.
We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 November 2023
Interviews commence week of 27th November 2023
Start date 8th January 2024 or soon after depending on notice period.
Please send an email with the subject line "Caseworker application” to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a CV (max two pages) and cover letter (max one page).