Date Added: 12 November 2023
: 3 December 2023
Job Title: Policy & Engagement Executive
Working For: Bite Back 2030
Location: London / Hybrid / Remote
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Policy & Engagement Executive will report to our Senior Policy and Special Projects Manager and will play a key role supporting our public affairs, research and policy projects. Our Policy & Engagement team works closely with the Campaigns team, and you will get stuck into existing campaign priorities including restricting expanding eligibility of free school meals, junk food advertising and an exciting new campaign that is currently in development. You will also support the team with monitoring and evaluation, to help us understand the impact of Bite Back’s work. This is a great entry-level opportunity to join a team of 27 and learn all about policy development and influencing public health.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out desk research (grey literature, academic studies) and support with other research tasks as required.
- Support our evidence-based policy development work to influence and inform local and national government decisions.
- Monitor activities and outputs across Bite Back and evaluate their return on investment, and draft reports for the Leadership Team and Board.
- Set up in-person and virtual meetings with stakeholders (including businesses, other organisations and MPs) and organise logistics.
- Work with our youth team to engage and support our youth activists to speak with policymakers including development of briefing materials.
- Conduct stakeholder mapping and contact tracking to inform strategic political engagement plans and evaluation.
- Translate young people’s insights and policy context into campaign messaging for policymakers and distil policy detail into key points for young people to engage with and campaign on.
- Draft letters, consultation submissions, briefing notes, reports and other campaign materials to engage policymakers and manage dissemination and follow up. There may also be opportunities to arrange in-person and virtual events e.g. in Parliament or at our HQ.
- Work closely with other organisations via established coalitions and more informal coordination around key issues, working collaboratively at the highest levels with values-aligned organisations to achieve our goals.
- Ensure the staff team and Youth Boards are up-to-date on the shifting political landscape.
Closing Date: 3 December 2023
Initial interviews are expected to take place week commencing Monday 11th December
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact Nika Pajda email@example.com for any more information.
Please apply with a CV and a statement answering the following questions:
- Why are you applying for the role?
- Can you describe your experience of conducting research?
- What do you think are some barriers and opportunities Bite Back faces when engaging politicians on our key issues?
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org