Date Added: 11 November 2023
: 26 November 2023
Job Title: Senior Public Affairs Adviser
Working For: Macmillan Cancer Support
Salary: £39,000 - £47,500
Length of Contract: 12 months
Full time (34.5 hours), we are open to a conversation about how you work these hours
Location: Split between home and our London Office, typically one day in the office a week but we are open to a conversation about this.
Salary Range - National: £39,000 - £44,000 / London: £42,500 - £47,500
About the role
In this role you will play a vital role in leading, delivering and influencing impactful public affairs strategies to secure change for people living with cancer. You’ll use your skills and experience to provide your political advice to the organisation and to build strong relationships with our internal and external stakeholders (e.g. internal teams, Parliamentarians, policy makers and colleagues across the charity sector), so we can be as influential as possible. You will also have the opportunity to support and coach junior members of the team, while continually developing your own skills and knowledge.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Sound political judgement will be essential, you will have experience of delivering impactful public affairs work that delivers real change.
- Interpersonal skills, you will be a skilled communicator with he ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You’ll have expert knowledge and understanding of the political landscape and parliamentary process.
- Coaching skills and experience, sharing your knowledge and experience with others.
- Personal lived experience of inequalities or exclusion, and skills in how to engage, represent and give a platform to excluded groups will be a major asset.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus flexible bank holiday options
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- Private medical insurance, including a Virtual GP Service
- 120+ learning and development offers, with access to external professional qualifications
- Flexible working patterns, such as compressed hours, flexibility to work earlier or later around our core working hours of 10am-4pm
- Holiday buying and selling scheme, life insurance, free wills, retail discounts and much more
Closing Date: 26 November 2023