Date Added: 11 November 2023
: 4 December 2023
Job Title: Open Source Researcher
Working For: Videre Est Credere
Salary: £29,000-33,000 if based in London, otherwise variable depending on location.
Length of Contract: Permanent
Videre is recruiting for an inquisitive and thorough researcher with open source / OSINT research aptitude, French and English language skills, and ability to train others. This position will provide direct research and analysis support to projects; review and adopt best practices for open source and social media research; apply this knowledge in specific investigations; and share skills with the organisation.
Location and Remote Working: Based in London HQ, but we will consider remote working applications for exceptional candidates with strong research, language and/or training skills who are based between timezones UTC-1 and UTC+4 inclusive.
Skills, Experience and Characteristics
• Integrity, and support of Videre’s values, ethical standards, vision, mission and strategic goals.
• Sensitivity and respect for differences in race, ethnicity, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression. Ability to work across cultures and timezones.
• Proven proficiency in open source investigative and verification techniques across multiple platforms, and use of collaborative databases for research, storage and analysis.
• Professional proficiency in French and English.
• Understanding of security and ethical considerations of social media research.
• Commitment to accuracy, objectivity and attention to detail.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload in order to accurately complete multiple tasks while considering special assignments, interruptions, deadlines and available resources.
• Excellent written and spoken communication, whether briefing, training, providing constructive feedback or note-taking. Ability to present insights in a manner appropriate to a given audience.
• Inquisitive and analytical mindset. Media literacy and understanding of bias, including algorithmic.
• Proficiency in digital security including encryption, secure communications and privacy tools.
• Working knowledge of geographic mapping tools and their use in video geolocation and social media research.
For more details, see https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-job/6e534848e47f4bbb92b762835dc244e6-open-source-researcher-videre-est-credere-london
Closing Date: 4 December 2023
- We will review applications on a rolling basis.
- Initial interviews will be conducted remotely.
- Second-round interviews may be conducted in person depending on applicants’ locations.
- We intend to complete the recruitment process by the end of January 2024.
- Please submit a CV of maximum two pages and a cover letter of maximum one page describing your suitability for this position and the organisation, including your experience, language proficiency, and location. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
- We may not have capacity to respond to all applicants.
- Note, this position is based in London HQ but we will consider remote working applications for candidates based between timezones UTC-1 and UTC+4 inclusive.