Date Added: 11 November 2023
: 8 December 2023
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Taiwo Owatemi (Coventry North West)
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Length of Contract: 6 months fixed term
Taiwo Owatemi is looking for a Constituency Support Officer to join her busy Constituency Office in Coventry. Working as part of a team, this role will assist constituents with their casework enquiries as well as support the MP in her constituency engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Attend constituency meetings as appropriate
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Draft responses to constituents
- Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party-political matters)
- assist with constituency engagement including liaising with constituency stakeholders
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
- Experience of working in an administrative/customer service role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- Good knowledge of the constituency (Coventry North West)
- Graphic design and videography skills
- Experience of Wordpress and maintaining a website
- Experience of Community Engagement
- Driving license (highly desirable)
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 December 2023
Interviews are due to take place on the week of December 11th.
Please e-mail your CV and a covering letter specifying how you meet the job description and person specification above to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Constituency Support Officer application."