Date Added: 14 November 2023
: 18 December 2023
Job Title: Head of Campaigns
Working For: United Nations Association UK
Salary: £46,000 - £52,000 depending on experience
Length of Contract: 1 year with potential to move to a permanent contract
The Head of Campaigns at the United Nations Association UK (UNA-UK) is responsible for leading and overseeing the organisation’s strategic campaigns, driving advocacy efforts, and mobilizing support on crucial national and global issues. Reporting to the COO and CEO this role is vital in promoting a global community connected in its pursuit of equality, sustainability, and peace. The post holder will work closely with the UNA-UK team, as well as our wider community of members, UNA groups, and civil society partners across the world.
Objectives and responsibilities
• Identify opportunities for advocacy and create joined-up, organisation-wide campaigns in alignment with our mission and policy priority areas and mobilise team members, partners, and advisors to support as appropriate.
• Source funding for campaigns and UNA-UK activities, including identifying and pursuing opportunities for the organisation’s income-generation activities, cultivating relationships with funders, drafting funding applications, and managing the budgeting and reporting.
• Design creative and impactful advocacy activities oriented toward our target audiences (including the public, member states, Parliamentarians, etc.) as appropriate, with clear and achievable outcomes.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with a range of stakeholders in the UK and internationally to drive change and influence policy in line with UNA-UK's campaign and advocacy aims. Including:
• Diplomats, civil society experts and networks, UN commentators and thought leaders in key UN hubs including New York and Geneva
• UK parliamentarians, special advisors, UK coalition partners, wider UK NGO and civil society partners
• UNA-UK advisors who support UNA-UK's robust and expert outputs with advice, peer review, dissemination, and mobilisation.
• Work with the team to plan strategic communications content to maximise reach with key campaign aims.
• Provide ad-hoc support for UNA-UK events and campaign actions.
• Develop UNA-UK’s reputation and reach in the UK and internationally.
• Speak on behalf of UNA-UK to media.
• Attend and speak at events on behalf of UNA-UK.
• Identify and build partnerships with groups and networks that share similar aims.
Closing Date: 18 December 2023
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
To apply for the post, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line of ‘Head of Campaigns 2024’. Applications without a CV and cover letter will not be accepted. Due to the high number of applications expected, we will only respond to those candidates invited to interview.
We are fully committed to encouraging diversity and ensuring there is no discrimination in all our operations, in line with our values. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.