Date Added: 14 November 2023
: 24 November 2023
Job Title: Paid Internship
Working For: David Lammy MP (Tottenham)
Salary: Real Living Wage in line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Fixed term to 27th July 2024
David is looking for an Intern to support the administration of our busy Westminster office.
Duties will include:
• Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses
• Assisting the Parliamentary Assistant with incoming policy enquiries from constituents and others
• Assisting the policy team with research and administrative support
• Assisting the Head of Office with administrative support
• ‘Can do’ attitude ready to take on all manner of tasks
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to manage a complex workload
• Good IT skills
• Ability to deal with constituents and community interest groups in a helpful and sympathetic manner
• Administrative experience in a professional environment is desirable but not essential
We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 November 2023
Interviews commence week of 27th November, start date 8th January or soon after depending on notice.
Please send an email with the subject line "Internship application” to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a CV (max two pages) and cover letter (max one page).