Date Added: 14 November 2023
: 11 December 2023
Job Title: Campaign Manager
Working For: Somerton & Frome Liberal Democrats
Location: Sparkford, Somerset
Length of Contract: Fixed term until next General Election + 2 months
Following Sarah Dyke’s spectacular by-election win in the recent Somerton & Frome by-election, the local Lib Dems are looking for a Campaign Manager to drive our campaigning operation and help Sarah fight for our corner of Somerset and lead our campaign in Glastonbury & Somerton.
With a General Election potentially 6 months away, this will be an exciting, fast-paced role - with the opportunity to really change things. You will work to grow, manage and inspire our team of local volunteers, building on the recent by-election campaign. Working with the LDHQ Campaigns Manager, you will lead production on all our printed literature, ensuring it works hand-in-hand with our digital campaigning.
- Take overall responsibility for delivering the constituency campaign plan, as agreed between the LDHQ Campaigns Manager, the MP/PPC and the local Lib Dem party
- Building campaigning and organisational capacity – including recruiting members, donors, deliverers and poster sites
- Building and managing a team of constituency volunteers who oversee all aspects of capacity building and campaigning
- Designing and delivering an ongoing programme of doorstep communication with voters
Assisting with the design, production, print, and coordination of delivery of campaign literature
Maintaining relevant databases
- Organising events
- Maintaining and updating social media, website and other digital infrastructure
Supporting fundraising and assisting with fundraising campaigns and events as required
- Attending relevant conferences, training and other meetings as required
The following criteria are considered essential:
- Exceptional personal organisation
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, mobilise and manage volunteers
Excellent written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, self-motivating and able to manage own workload
- Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathy with the values and principles of the Lib Dems
The following criteria are considered highly desirable:
- Experience of delivering effective Liberal Democrat campaigns.
- Experience of Liberal Democrat software and databases
Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
Closing Date: 11 December 2023
Interviews: 14th /15th December 2023
Start date: ASAP
To apply, send a covering letter and CV with referees, clearly outlining your suitability for the role against the person specification and job description, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in your email any times you are unavailable for interview on 14th /15th December and whether or not you have a car and driving licence.
For an informal discussion about the position, email email@example.com who will arrange a time to speak on the phone.