Date Added: 13 November 2023
: 15 December 2023
Job Title: Administrative Officer + REMOVED
Working For: Theo Clarke MP (Stafford)
Salary: In line with IPSA Payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Theo Clarke MP is looking an Administraive Officer to join her busy Westminister office. The successful candidate will be a hard working and compassionate individual who has excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Assist in the updating of social media on request.
- Assist with arrangements for events; this may include: venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; and providing on-the-day event support as required.
- Database management using office software (e.g. Microsoft Office) to handle administrative cases.
- Diary Management.
- Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation (GDPR).
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods.
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries.
- Liaise with suppliers when required regarding office supplies and security.
- Minute taking.
- Open, handle and action email, post and social media enquiries.
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
- Provide administrative support in relation to MP's expenses scheme via IPSA Online.
- Respond to enquiries by telephone, e-mail and social media, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Competent use of IT and Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work with sensitivity, discretion and with strict adherence to data protection legislation.
- Organised and able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Confident at speaking to people at all levels and maintaining confidentiality.
- Awareness and understanding of current political issues.
- Ability to work proactively and independently as part of a small team.
- Sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 December 2023
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to hire a suitable candidate before the end of the application period.
Start Date: As sooon as possible.
Please email your CV and a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
23/11/2023 - This ad has been removed at the request of the advertiser.