Date Added: 16 November 2023
: 1 December 2023
Job Title: Social media officer / caseworker
Working For: John Lamont MP (Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
John Lamont MP currently has a Full-Time position available in his Constituency Office for a well organised and politically aware soical media officer / caseworker.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, customer focused and highly organised.
Working for an MP is no ordinary role. You will need to be comfortable working on your own initiatives, be confident at resolving issues, and be easily adaptable to changing priorities. Furthermore, you will be required to work closely with John's parliamentary office, and therefore must be a team player.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Dealing with queries from members of the public via telephone and email;
• Assisting with the management of John's social media platforms;
• When required, attend constituency meetings and surgeries;
• Liaise with various stakeholders;
• Responsibility for constituency project work, researching initiatives and helping to plan community projects; and
• General administrative tasks – photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload;
• Personable and able to work as part of a small team;
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong research and IT skills;
• Understanding and experience with various social media platforms and ability to develop content;
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs and a committed campaigner;
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish Conservative Party; and
• Holds a Full Clean UK Drivers Licence.
Closing Date: 1 December 2023
To be confirmed.
All applicants should send their CV with a short cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the role to John Lamont by email: email@example.com