Date Added: 16 November 2023
: 30 November 2023
Job Title: Editorial Research Assistant
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Salary: Competitive - starting from NMW
Length of Contract: Permanent
We're seeking an accomplished and diligent Conference Research Assistant to join our Editorial team. You'll work closely with different areas of our business, demonstrating diplomacy, sensitivity, and a commitment to delivering quality results in a timely manner.
Please specify your interest in any of the follwoing policy areas: Westminster Education Forum, Westminster Business Forum, Scotland Policy Conferences.
Check out the programme of conferences on our website.
• Researching issues, emerging trends, possible speakers and contacts across the policy landscape to a brief
• Helping make sure conferences are as up-to-date, relevant and inclusive as possible, with no interested parties left out of discussing important developments
• Drafting agendas, invitations to delegates and speakers, and text for our website
• Liaising with speakers and Parliamentary chairs
• Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions - online, in Westminster and elsewhere in the UK
We're looking for an individual who embodies our company values, including a sense of service, strict impartiality, high ethical standards, and a business-like, fair, diplomatic and commercially focused outlook. Our ideal candidate will have:
• Solid experience in policy, conference production, journalism, public affairs or similar fields
• Exceptional written communication skills
• Quick learning abilities to absorb our funding model and business practices
• Strong diplomacy and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• A can-do attitude, strong sense of responsibility, and natural willingness to help colleagues
• Bright graduates - with exceptional aptitude and a professional outlook - will also be considered
• A competitive starting salary range, subject to experience and educational record.
• Regular pay reviews as part of personal development meetings.
• Plenty of opportunities for career progression.
• A fast-paced, multi-tasking working environment with ample support from senior staff and peers.
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating why you believe you would be suitable for the role. We accept applications from candidates based across the UK working remotely who would come to the office in London or Bracknell on a monthly basis.
Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy. With over 15 years of consistent growth, our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, professional bodies, industry, the third sector, and interest groups.