Date Added: 16 November 2023
: 8 December 2023
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Kelly Tolhurst MP (Rochester and Strood)
Salary: Inline with IPSA Pay scales
Length of Contract: 1 year with the opportunity to become permanent
Kelly is recruiting a full-time Caseworker based in her constituency office in Rochester. The role will be focused on the management of Constituency Casework, as well as developing an in-depth knowledge of the Rochester & Strood constituency.
The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated and be able to work as part of a small team. They should be able to manage a large workload and demonstrate a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent writing skills and telephone manner
• Strong organisational and research skills with good attention to detail
• A willingness to take on a variety of tasks
• Competent use of IT system, including Microsoft office packages, email and internet to support the above
• Logging and progressing casework received.
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases and drafting responses to constituents.
• Organising and attending surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituent issues.
• Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member
• Deal with daily enquires from members of the public by telephone or in person, taking appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or issues
• Manage own caseload and progress casework, ensuring all cases are logged and updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries followed up, with urgent and complex cases reported to the Member.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
• Analyse and monitor patterns of issues highlighted through casework and produce reports.
• Ensure records of contact with constituents are kept, with details of each case by adhering to Data Protection Act principles and respect confidentiality of data at all times.
• Undertake general administrative tasks
• Assist with work of other colleagues as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 December 2023
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis as soon as applications are received. Please note that an appointment may be made prior to the closing date. An immediate-prompt start is sought so early applications are encouraged. Please state in your cover email your availability/notice period.
Applicants should send their CVs with a covering email outlining their experience and including your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org