Date Added: 15 November 2023
: 4 December 2023
Job Title: Campaigns Officer
Working For: Stop Uyghur Genocide
Salary: £27,000-29,000 pro rata (dependent on experience). The role is part-time for 3-4 days a week.
Length of Contract: Initial 12-months contract
1. Campaign Strategy and Development
● Develop, implement, and evaluate campaigns and engagement strategies that achieve positive change across Stop Uyghur Genocide’s areas.
● Research as required to inform campaign activities, legislative development, policy work, and parliamentary debates.
● Work closely with the Policy Officer to design campaigning activity, identifying targets, key audiences, and opportunities for progress, and targeting campaigns accordingly.
2. Campaign Materials and Action
● Draft and design impactful and innovative materials on key campaign issues, including action cards, leaflets, and policy briefings; updating materials such as parliamentary briefings.
● Draft and design digital campaigning materials including supporter emails, calls to action.
● Arrange and run campaigning events, both online and in person.
● Support the organisation of protests in partnership with key partners including community groups, NGOs, and politicians.
3. Stakeholder Engagement
● Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with partners and within networks such as the End Uyghur Forced Labour Coalition.
● Represent Stop Uyghur Genocide at meetings and events in order to build relationships and lobby key stakeholders.
● Carry out external speaking engagements as directed by the Executive Director.
● Facilitate meetings with internal supporters/activists.
● Develop messages and resources to engage audiences in Stop Uyghur Genocide’s campaigns.
● Create interactive and accessible social media output for campaigning purposes.
● Support in preparing campaign updates for the quarterly newsletter and other communications.
● Proven experience in campaigning and activism.
● Proven networking skills, and ability to generate interest in the Uyghur crisis across UK civil society.
● Ability to identify opportunities and build strong relationships with organisations and stakeholders.
● Outstanding oral and written communications and editing skills.
● Ability to create visual content using design and media platforms, such as Canva.
● Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Please email Valeria Topalo at email@example.com if you wish to receive the Full Recruitment Pack document.
Closing Date: 4 December 2023
The deadline for applications is 23:59. We intend to interview shortlisted candidates during the week commencing 11th December.
Please send your CV and covering letter, addressing how you meet the requirements in the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter ‘CAMPAIGNS OFFICER’ in the subject box. We are only able to consider applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
If you have any queries, please contact Valeria Topalo at email@example.com.